Personal Training at Work
In business, where there is constant pressure, a common system of filing, shortcuts, and developing methods based around your work, will ensure efficiency.
- Shortcuts will save you time
- Effective filing: creating a standardised system that works across the board
- Word/Pages/Docs: Layout and Design – an important part of business is the presentation of well-designed documents to clients, using
- Excel/Numbers/Sheets: find your way around formulas and set up your own spreadsheets
- PowerPoint Presentations/Keynote/Slides: A much needed tool – when used properly, it will keep the attention of your audience
- Templates: letterheads, statements, invoices
- Email: use Microsoft Outlook/Mail to the full: data bases, calendars, reminders, flagging, categorizing, searching, filing, marketing via email
- Internet: how to search the internet effectively, making the most of it, saving images and information for later use
- Small businesses are offered an easy to learn accounting package which will save hours of time and effort on Invoicing, Receipts and Tax reports
Marketing your Business:
A marketing platform for businesses, through the design of websites, stationery and PowerPoint presentations and Social Media marketing is available.
- Social Media Marketing is taught to businesses as a way of marketing – or is offered as an option to manage on their behalf.
- Business cards
- Websites: setting up a website, and learning how to maintain it with up-to date information is a process you can learn (link)
- Promotional Material: present information through PowerPoint. If you do not have the time but need the presentation created for you, I will do this for you. (Portfolio available for you to view)
Personal Training for Home Use
Communication is key in today’s digital age
For home users, it is about the enjoyment of the computer through simple, effective , personal input. It is about the development of the whole person, not just about the computer. We find out where you are at, take what you are passionate about, and teach you through your interests. I take the person’s interests, and work within areas that specifically concern them.
- Filing systems: sort out your life; find your way around your computer with confidence
- Work within Word, Excel (Docs, Sheets): using shortcuts that make it easier
- Letterheads: look official
- Email: has far more potential than just writing a letter. Attaching documents and photographs, and saving, creating special email cards for friends and family are a few of the things covered within the teaching of emails Internet: how to search the internet effectively, making the most of it, saving images and information for later use
- Home budgets on an easy to use accounting package
- Training of children and teens: effective ways of completing school projects.
- Peace of mind for parents: internet security
- Any age can learn –the old dog can learn new tricks!
Training in Communities
Mandi Nokrayo – 8 years of Training within Communities. Qualifications: Computer Diploma and 2 year Business Management Diploma
Providing training in the community has been a highlight. To see growth in people who have not had the opportunity to develop in various areas, is so rewarding.
Mini-computer centres are set up in the homes of the people in Masiphumelele and Capricorn Park. Computers that people have donated, are used for training and where possible are given to the students.
There are two conditions.
- One: that they show commitment to learning
- Two: to teach their children and teach a neighbour
Small businesses are started by typing out quotes, CV’s, letters.
Without the support of Perry from WP Computing, who spends hours of his time putting together computers for people to use, these centres of learning would not operate.
How you can help? We need second hand computers that work. Please be on the lookout and contact us. Together we can make a difference. Sponsorship for people to do computer courses is also needed.